We’re back with the 6th edition of Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletter!
While Twitter launched its Bug Bounty Contest with a twist and SelectorsHub launched TestCase Studio to automate test case writing, Katalon also introduced Katalon TestOps for assisting businesses to streamline the DevOps pipeline and scale test automation. Check out the trending news of this week in the 6th edition of Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletter.
Trending News for this week:
Twitter Bug Bounty Contest was recently launched. While, most of the bug bounty programs are focused on finding bugs, vulnerabilities, and security flaws. This contest comes with a twist and security researchers will have to find algorithmic bias.
TestCase Studio is a platform that enables recording user actions on a website in simple English language sentences. It automates the test case writing process, and users don’t need to write test cases manually which in turn saves a significant amount of time.
Katalon, the prominent provider of software test automation solutions recently introduced Katalon TestOps, an open and extensive test orchestration platform formulated to assist businesses to streamline DevOps pipeline and scale test automation.
Trending Content shared by some amazing writers:
Here is a list of some featured software testing blogs that were were published recently by some amazing writers. Thanks to all for sharing their content and knowledge with others in the Testing Community.
1. How Competitor Analysis Can Help Software Testers: Prashant Hegde – Competitor analysis is an excellent way that testers can add more value to their teams. In this article, Prashant Hegde discusses how competitor analysis can help testers.
2. Who should do software testing? Dev or Test?: Heemeng Foo – There are essentially 2 camps out there in the software engineering field. One says testing should be performed by developers, the other that testing should be done by test experts. In this article, Heemeng Foo shares his opinion on the same.
3. Why I Almost Gave up on Software Testing as a Career: Mirza Sisic – In this article, Mirza Sisic shares his experience about the time when he wanted to give up on testing, due to having seen testing in the wrong light.
4. ACCELQ API Test Automation: George T Jose – API or Application Programming Interface is generally an intermediary that allows applications to communicate with each other. In this article, George T Jose has written about how ACCELQ helps with API Test Automation.
5. End-to-End Testing and Feedback Loops: Andrei Rusu – Many believe that doing end-to-end testing will slow them down. In this article, Andrei Rusu shares how feedback loop can be shortened by doing things the right way.
6. A Complete Guide to iOS Testing Frameworks: Harish Rajora – In this article, Harish Rajora provides an overview on 8 popular iOS test automation framework, and how each one of them stand in front of each other.
7. Top New Features of Cucumber JVM v6: Giridhar Rajkumar – In this article, Giridhar Rajkumar has written about the “Top New Features of Cucumber JVM v6”
Thanks for reading!
Stay tuned for the next editions of Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletters.