TestCase Studio launched by SelectorsHub is a platform that enables recording user actions on a website in simple sentences (English language). It automates the test case writing process, and users don’t need to write test cases manually which in turn saves a significant amount of time. All the browsers – Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Firefox, Edge, Tor, and Brave are supported by TestCase Studio.
Every user action will generate XPath and Automation Code, and users can save or copy these recorded actions as a Test case. The platform also runs locally on the user’s system and does not save any personal information, making it completely safe and secure. Moreover, it is a free-of-cost plugin and easy to use.
How to use TestCase Studio?
- On the toolbar, select the TestCaseStudio icon to start recording the test case.
- Continue with the steps, it will automatically record all of your activities and transform them into simple English sentences.
- The created test case can be downloaded by clicking the download button.
People can also follow this tutorial to get a better understanding.
Features of TestCase Studio
- For each stage, the cssSelector is generated.
- Each step’s data is recorded.
- By clicking on the copy symbol in the table header, the user can copy all of the steps.
- By clicking on the Plus icon in each row, the user can add a new step.
- By clicking on the delete icon in each row, the user can erase the unnecessary step.
- Users can pause and resume the recording at any time.
- All of the recorded stages, as well as the XPath/Command and data, can be stored in an excel file.
- To build an XPath with the specified attribute, users can use the attribute filter option.
TestCase Studio supports all web applications, both desktop, and mobile, that can be accessed through a web browser. However, mobile native and desktop-based applications are not supported at this time. If any bugs are discovered by users, they can be reported on Bugasura or Github.