We are excited to present the 4th edition of “Trending in Testing” Weekly Newsletter. Here are the latest updates:
1. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer Career Path – Are you Ready to Begin? – Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a form of computer software automation that allows computers to carry out business processes previously handled by humans. RPA uses software robots or “bots” which work autonomously to perform structured tasks such as data input, data processing, data manipulation, and output generation.
2. Cypress 8.0.0 released with New Features and Bugfixes – Cypress.io recently released Cypress 8.0.0 version, the new version comes with numerous bug fixes and new features. With the new version, all browsers will operate headlessly by default, with a device pixel ratio of 1, and a screen size of 1280×720.
3. 8 Great Resources to learn Testing and Automation in 2021 – One of the important stages in the development of the software process is software testing. There are hundreds of tools out there in the market through which the automation code can be written in numerous programming languages. Here you can see a list of Top 8 Resources from where you can start or improve your Testing and Automation career.
Trending in Testing:
1. 10 reasons why we really don’t need test cases: Brijesh Deb – https://brijeshdeb.medium.com/10-reasons-why-we-really-dont-need-test-cases-c059cc9c1be2
2. How do you explain API to a 5-year-old?: Geetima Dutta – https://medium.com/@geetima1609/how-do-you-explain-api-to-a-5-year-old-7d70f6986a15
3. ACCELQ – Why my Choice: Mukta Sharma – https://www.accelq.com/blog/accelq-why-my-choice-mukta-sharma/
4. What is TestOps (How Microsoft Does it): Joe Colantonio – https://testguild.com/testops/
5. One way to introduce exploratory testing to your team: Simon Tomes – https://racket.com/simon_tomes/rFrra
6. A must have tool for WebUI Automation for Testers/Web Developers: Gaurav Khurana – https://youtu.be/w0ufk507pGI
7. MoT-PH – Holistic Testing in DevOps – 22 July 2021: Janet Gregory – https://youtu.be/5XtWOYSJvdY
8. Managing Environments in Software Development Life Cycle: Sumon Dey – https://blog-testproject-io.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/blog.testproject.io/2021/07/13/managing-environments-in-software-development-life-cycle/
9. Top 10 Software Testing Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021: Anuj Agarwal – https://blog.feedspot.com/software_testing_podcasts/
10. Bug bounty methodology V4.0 — Demonstrated: Thexssrat – https://medium.com/geekculture/bug-bounty-methodology-v4-0-demonstrated-8e9cb6ed1b12
11. How I Found Multiple Bugs On FaceBook In 1 Month And a Part For My Methodology & Tools: Orwa Atyat – https://orwaatyat.medium.com/how-i-found-multiple-bugs-on-facebook-in-1-month-and-a-part-for-my-methodology-tools-58a677a9040c
12. An Analytical Approach to Setting Severity of Bugs: Bashiul Alam Sabab – https://bashiul.hashnode.dev/an-analytical-approach-to-setting-severity-of-bugs
13. How to Automate Tests for Spring Boot API using MockServer: Gavin Fong – https://medium.com/devtechtoday/how-to-automate-tests-for-spring-boot-api-using-mockserver-c6221ea8c549
14. Github Copilot — A New Generation of AI Programmers: Rahul R Pandya – https://qacaffe.com/github-copilot-a-new-generation-of-ai-programmers/
15. WinAppDriver: First step into Windows app Test automation using WebdriverIO and WinAppDriver: Praveen David Mathew – https://praveendavidmathew.medium.com/winappdriver-first-step-into-windows-app-test-automation-using-webdriverio-and-winappdriver-46320d89570b
Thanks for reading!
Stay tuned for the next editions of our Weekly Newsletters.