Are you interested in becoming a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer? You might be asking yourself, “What is RPA?”, and that’s a perfectly valid question. Software automation is the new trend in technology, but to most, it’s an invisible process. An RPA is a software robot that automates repetitive tasks and works on behalf of humans. Much like how assembly lines replaced manual labor, Robotic Process Automation software replaces repetitive labor.
Before even thinking about starting a career in Robot Process Automation (RPA), you should be sure that you are ready for the journey. There is no point in making use of your existing skills to transition into RPA technology if you have not yet mastered them. Taking into account that most RPA developers possess other computing skills, there is still a need for professional development to become an expert in the new field of Robotic Process Automation. In this blog, we’ll discuss the complete industry analysis and career path in Robotic Process Automation.
First of all, let’s understand What is RPA.
RPA (Robotic Process Automation) is a form of computer software automation that allows computers to carry out business processes previously handled by humans. RPA uses software robots or “bots” which work autonomously to perform structured tasks such as data input, data processing, data manipulation, and output generation. There are several RPA tools available today to automate processes. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue prism are just to name a few of them used for automation.
How to become an RPA Developer?
An RPA Developer builds and implements RPA systems. In some organizations, it is the responsibility of a software engineer who possesses a high level of expertise in RPA tools to use their knowledge and experience to program robots to automatically complete various tasks. They use many tools to automate these tasks. You will have to start with that RPA tool in which you would like to expertise.
Career in Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a hot topic in the world of technology. As the workforce changes to increasingly consist of people who know how to automate processes, salaries for RPA professionals are rising faster than those in other IT fields. Now let us explore the top Robotic Process Automation tools which are trending right now.
Top RPA tools in the Industry
Once you’ve got a better understanding of the basics of RPA, let’s look at some of the best RPA software. Most of the RPA tools have two editions i.e Community edition and Paid edition. The first step towards your Robotic Process Automation career is choosing the right RPA tools for learning.
The overall automation functions for most of the RPA tools remain the same, what matters most is cracking the logic to automate the given task.
Here is the list of trending RPA tools in 2021:
1. UIPath: UIPath is a leading RPA tool that helps in automating business processes efficiently. It is used to perform end-to-end high-scale automation. The platform can be easily integrated with several systems, such as Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM, and NetSuite. You can check the below link for more information about the certifications provided by UiPath.
2. Automation Anywhere: Automation Anywhere is a global leader in RPA. It offers web-based, cloud, intelligent automation solutions to organizations. Automation Anywhere helps companies scale their digital transformation initiatives through Reskilling, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning, and AI. They offer certifications to boost the RPA career path. Check their certification link below for more information.
3. Microsoft Power Automate: Power Automate is the next-gen workflows creation tool, including powerful workflow automation that connects many apps and services. It eliminates the hard coding of your workflows to focus on strategy, content, execution, and results. Certifications related to Power Automate are given in the below link.
4. Blue Prism: Blue Prism is an enterprise RPA software that automates complex, end-to-end operational activities. Since its inception in 2006, Blue Prism has repeatedly innovated in the RPA space by offering a broad set of industry-specific RPA capabilities that empower thousands of business users to deliver transformative results for their enterprise businesses—while also providing outstanding financial values. You can check for the certifications provided in the below-mentioned link.
5. Pega by Pegasystems: Pega is an RPA software that offers a complete toolkit for enterprise digital transformation to amend gaps between the front and back office. It enables enterprise digital transformation to help organizations streamline processes, drive business value and achieve operational excellence. Check out the certifications they offer in the below-mentioned link.
RPA Learning Resources
The first step towards learning RPA would be to get started with one of the free versions of RPA tools such as UIPath, automation anywhere, blue prism, etc. You can check out the free community editions of the RPA software on their official websites.
Next, you will have to work towards gaining knowledge about the RPA software. There is a wide range of video tutorials available on official websites of RPA tools.
You can check out the below RPA courses which will help you enhance your knowledge:
1. UiPath RPA Academy – This is the perfect portal in case you are thinking about learning the UiPath RPA tool.
2. Automation Anywhere University – Automation Anywhere university provides the best resources to understand this RPA tool. It also offers a wide range of certifications which can be an add-on to your knowledge skills and resume.
3. Blue Prism University – Blue prism also has its university portal – Blue Prism University to guide individuals to their career path.
RPA technology – Blogsites to follow
These are the must-follow blogsites on Robotic Process Automation (RPA), which focuses on the automation of repetitive work, process and data management work using robotic process automation technology tools.
1. UiPath Blog Link – https://www.uipath.com/blog
2. Automation Anywhere Blog Link – https://www.automationanywhere.com/in/blog
3. Blue Prism Blog Link – https://www.blueprism.com/resources/blog
4. Automation Edge – https://automationedge.com/blogs/
5. Edureka Blogsite – https://www.edureka.co/blog/category/robotic-process-automation/
6. Forrester Blogsite – https://go.forrester.com/blogs/category/robotic-process-automation-rpa/
Over the last couple of decades, the world has witnessed a digital revolution in which technology has replaced human intelligence and hard skills in a range of areas. AI, data analytics, and RPA are some of the technologies which are driving this revolution and are redefining the way organizations work. If you are a fresh graduate or a beginner at RPA, this is the right time to upskill yourself and enter the world of automation.