We’re back with the 10th edition of Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletter!
We are thrilled to announce that ‘Trending in Testing’ has completed 1 year on 7th September 2021. Thanking each one of you for your continuous support and we promise to deliver more quality content as we move forward.
While Cignithon Global Virtual Testing Hackathon by Cigniti Technologies and powered by The Test Tribe was a huge success and Leapwork – No code automation platform has raised $62 Million in Series B. Postman has also announced that it has raised $225 million in Series D at a valuation of $5.6 billion. Check out the trending news of this week in the 10th edition of Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletter.
Trending News for this week:
1. Cignithon 2021: Global Virtual Testing Hackathon – A Huge Success
Cignithon 2021 Global Virtual Testing Hackathon by Cigniti Technologies was a two-day testing Hackathon powered by The Test Tribe Community. It was the biggest hackathon with over 400+ registrations, participants from 164 companies, and 12 countries competing for 36 hours to uncover bugs in 3 applications.
2. Leapwork – No Code Automation platform, raises $62 Million in Series B
Leapwork, a no-code automation platform, announced on 26th August that it had raised $62 million in a Series B funding round. This is the highest Series B funding ever, and the company now has a post-money valuation of $312 million.
3. Postman API platform has raised $225 million in Series D at a valuation of $5.6 billion
Postman recently raised $225 million in a Series D round at a valuation of $5.6 billion. The platform in total has raised over $430 million in four rounds. Postman plans to use the funding to grow its sales, marketing, product, and technical teams.
Trending Content shared by some amazing writers:
Here is a list of some featured software testing blogs that were were published recently by some amazing writers. Thanks to all for sharing their content and knowledge with others in the Testing Community.
1. Land Your Next Job by Upping Your Postman Skills – In this article, Joyce Lin has shared some helpful postman trainings that can help users in sharpening their skills and stand out in today’s job market.
2. Programming is the Foundation for Automation – In this article, Rex Jones II explains why programming is a must for automation and how he overcame is imposter syndrome.
3. How to Perform Load Testing with k6 using Google Cloud Build – In this article, Michael Wanyoike has written about how to integrate performance testing in development processes with Google Cloud Build and k6.
4. 8 soft skills I think a tester should have – In this article, Marine Lacourie has listed out some important soft skills that she thinks every Software Tester should possess.
5. Applying agile principles to automation projects – In this article, David Tzemach shares how agile teams can use agile values and principles to meet challenges when facing an automation project.
6. Testing using WireMock-Introduction-Part1 – In this article, Harshit Shah has shared how to setup the Wiremock server and how it can help users in testing API/UI.
7. How I Found Multiple XSS in Hidden Legacy Pages – In this article, Marx Chryz Del Mundo who is a Bug Bounty Hunter has discussed the method he used for hunting a private program.
8. [$5K] Misconfigured Reset password that leads to Account Takeover (No user Interaction ATO) – In this article, Aditya Sharma has written about one of his findings – ATO vulnerability that he came accross on a public program on Hackerone.
9. Contributing to Open Source in Quality Assurance – In this article, Isabel Costa has listed some ways in which users can contribute to Quality Assurance of an open source project.
Thanks for reading!
Stay tuned for the next editions of our Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletters.
Trending in Testing Weekly Newsletters.