Cross-browser testing is a process of evaluating the functionality of your web application on several browsers before pushing changes to production. Here is a list of the top 7 cross-browser testing tools with prominent elements and the latest download links.
1. Browsershots: Browsershots is a cross-browser testing tool. It allows testing of websites which are running on iOS, Android, Windows, or MacOS. It provides screenshots of websites in a testing environment which is helpful for finding all the major HTML or CSS faults. It is a completely free tool, and it provides support for 200 different browser versions to capture screenshots. The tool can be downloaded from here.
2. LambdaTest: LambdaTest is a cloud-based platform that enables users to perform cross-browser compatibility testing of your web application or websites. Using LambdaTest, clients can merge numerous developer tools, test locally to avoid after deployment bugs, and perform geo-location testing. It is trusted by over 300K companies such as Zoho, GoDaddy, Cisco, Harvard Business Review, and many more. Monthly plans start at $15/mo for this. LambdaTest can be downloaded from here.
3. Browser-Stack: This tool facilitates users to do web-based browser testing on mobile browsers and desktops. It is one of the browser compatibility testing tools that is cloud-based so it does not compel any installation. The pre-installed developer tools are beneficial for quick cross-browser testing and debugging. It supports Windows (XP,7, and 8), Android, iOS, Opera Mobile, Lion, Mountain Lion, OSX Snow Leopard, and so on. After registering for BrowserStack, you get 100 minutes of free testing. Monthly plans start at $29/mo. The tool can be downloaded from here.
4. Smartbear: SmartBear provides a cross-browser testing tool that enables clients to test their site on browsers running both on real devices as well as automate the tests through Selenium remote. This tool’s characteristics are similar to those of BrowserStack and LambdaTest. It has around 1,500 devices available to run tests on. It has no free tier and free trials are only available through special invites. Paid plans start at $29/month. This tool can be downloaded from here.
5. Browsera: Browsera is a unique cross-browser testing service. This tool analyzes and distinguishes the pages, utilizing complicated algorithms to recognize repulsive layout problems. This means users will receive a concise report of which pages have issues, conserving them a lot of time and enhancing their site’s compatibility across various browsers. With its site crawling feature, it’s easy to test all the web pages of a single site. All the Subscription plans have a 30-day free trial and the plans are starting from $49/mo. The tools can be downloaded from here.
7. TestingBot: TestingBot’s aim is to provide a simple to use system for cross-browser testing. It gives a Selenium/Appium grid in the cloud and can be utilized to Run Manual, Visual, and Automated tests on over 2500 browsers and mobile devices. This tool supports Safari, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and more. TestingBot offers a free 14 days trial which includes 100 minutes of testing. The paid plans are starting from $30/mo. The tool can be downloaded from here.
So here’s a list of the top 7 Cross Browser Testing tools that are available in the market. Based on the requirements of projects/assignments, a particular tool can be selected and used.