Postman, one of the prominent platforms of API development, ended 2020 with substantial corporate momentum stimulated by-product improvements and customer expansion on an enormous, worldwide level. After a successful year for the business which comprised its latest funding round which valued the company at $2 billion and the addition of 4 million new users to the company. Postman glimpses to go on guiding the industry through the next generation of APIs in 2021.
Postman has started the new year with Postman Galaxy, an online three-day worldwide API conference that will be held from 2nd February to 4th February 2021. With over 20,000 registrants and counting, Postman Galaxy features world-renowned specialists, including AWS Chief Evangelist Jeff Barr, NASA veteran Dr. Ellen Ochoa, and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. The topics at the conference will be ranging from innovations in API development, architecture, design, and testing, to overall DevOps, collaboration trends, and developer experience. The company will also be announcing the winner of the Postman API Hack, a multi-week global online hackathon.
“In 2020, more organizations than ever realized how critical APIs are for modernizing their business. Even beyond that, API collaboration will be the key to solving some of today’s toughest technological challenges,” said Abhinav Asthana, co-founder, and CEO of Postman. “Our world-class team made several strategic decisions over the past year to continue empowering Postman users on several fronts—including the ability to collaborate on APIs with people outside of their organizations via the new public workspaces functionality. Overall, this year brought a lot of exciting developments as a company, scaling to more than 13 million users across the globe, and we’re excited to continue building upon this momentum with our community.”
Ecosystem Expansion and Initiatives taken by the company:
- Organized the Postman COVID-19 API Resource Center to provide easy access to real-time critical data to those working on the front lines of the pandemic.
- Joined the OpenAPI Initiative, the consortium of forward-looking industry experts that is majorly concentrated on establishing, enhancing, and promoting the OpenAPI Specification.
- Partnered with AsyncAPI to formulate the open-source tools required to create the next generation of APIs.
- Published the conclusions of their annual State of the API Report, which is the biggest and most detailed analysis of the API industry.
Corporate and Customer Milestones of the company:
- Employee headcount raised by a massive 65%.
- Inaugurated its Postman Galaxy API conference.
- Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a $2 billion valuation that was led by Insight Partners.
- Witnessed a rise in API requests, peaking at an all-time high of more than half a billion requests per month.
- Scaled to over 13 million users, expanding nearly 4 million in 2020 alone.
- Around 840,000 companies worldwide have at least one user signed up for Postman today, comprising 98% of the Fortune 500.
Registration for their latest Postman Galaxy, virtual three-day global API conference is also open and interested people can register themselves here.