NowSecure, the renowned standards-based mobile app security, and privacy software firm, announced the launch of the world’s most comprehensive mobile app pen testing service for the OWASP Mobile Application Security Verification Standard (MASVS) on March 23, 2022, as well as the inclusion of automated MASVS testing to the Platform. With this, mobile enterprises, mobile app developers, and security teams can rely on NowSecure specialists for the gold standard of mobile app testing to assure OWASP MASVS compliance.
Since its inception in 2013, the OWASP mobile project has been driving standards-based security requirements and testing methodologies. The OWASP mobile project, which is used by mobile app developers, architects, security teams, and security researchers, contains three essential resources that were last updated in January 2022 to deliver the finest risk reduction method for mobile app teams:
- The OWASP Mobile App Security Checklist keeps track of security tasks.
- The OWASP Mobile Security Testing Guide (MSTG) explains how to put the MASVS criteria through their paces.
- The OWASP MASVS establishes a standard for mobile app security.
“The OWASP MASVS and MSTG are the foundation of a mobile appsec program,” said Carlos Holguera, OWASP project lead, and NowSecure Security Researcher. “The MASVS guides developers and security analysts on architecture, threat modeling, and proper techniques to secure mobile data. The MSTG has hundreds of tests you should perform and there are many nuances and edge cases to consider. Without the right expertise, it can be tough to effectively achieve full MASVS compliance. The MSTG encourages the use of automated tools to leverage static and dynamic analysis but also emphasizes that having security professionals you can trust is essential.”
NowSecure’s OWASP MASVS Pen Testing Service and NowSecure Platform with OWASP MASVS testing are part of platform’s industry-leading full suite of mobile appsec solutions, which includes:
- Mobile app shops, third-party mobile apps, and mobile component risk are all continuously monitored using NowSecure Supply Chain Risk Management.
- NowSecure Platform for DevSecOps and on-demand scenarios in the development pipeline for continuous security testing, observability, and remediation.
- NowSecure Pen Testing Services provides full-scope and speedy pen tests that are delivered by experts using industry-standard methods.
- Test sophisticated, high-risk mobile apps and IoT-connected mobile apps with the NowSecure Workstation kit for pen tester productivity.
- Development and security teams can benefit from NowSecure Academy’s training courseware.
“NowSecure is the recognized expert for standards-based testing software and services, partnering with organizations to safeguard trust in their mobile app initiatives,” said NowSecure CEO Alan Snyder. “As an OWASP contributor and sponsor for years, we are committed to the evolution of the specifications. Today we are adding these products and services to help customers ensure the security and privacy of their mobile apps leveraging the gold standard of OWASP MASVS.”
The NowSecure Platform helps businesses to design and launch mobile apps more quickly while remaining confident in their security and privacy. MASVS mappings have also been added to all relevant results by the Platform, allowing clients to automate their MASVS testing needs.