This year the 7th Edition of the European Software Testing Awards was conducted. The program honors individuals and companies who have attained crucial accomplishments in the software testing and quality assurance market in the European region. This is an entirely independent awards program that identifies and rewards individuals as well as companies and being a part of this is an exceptional thing.
Companies and organizations from across Europe proposed their entries, illustrating their distinct abilities and extraordinary work. In total, more than 150 companies participated in this year’s Awards program despite the challenges of the year 2020. The Judges for the event were as follows:
- Chair of the Judging Panel: Delia brown – Head of QA and Testing at MS Amlin.
- Dan Camilleri – Software Quality & Test Director at AstraZeneca.
- Sabitha Nalli – IT Quality Assurance and Test Manager at Skanska.
- Dave Parkinson – Director, Engineering & Certification Services, WWS QA at Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Sebastian Stan – Head Of Engineering at Depop.
- Simon Strickland – UK Head of QA, Test & Release Management at Zurich Insurance Company Ltd.
- Simon Ward – Head of Strategic Testing at The London Clinic.
- Rebecca Williams – Head of Global Testing Services at Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty.
- Adam Leon Smith – CTO at Dragonfly.
The European Software Testing Awards were awarded to 15 winners, and the list of all the winners is as follows:
1. Best Mobile Testing Project – Lloyds Banking Group in partnership with Wipro Technologies
2. Cognizant Best Use of Technology in a Project – Aspire Systems
3. Most Innovative Project – Albertsons in partnership with IntelliQA
4. Best Test Automation Project – Functional – 10X Future Technologies Services Limited
5. Best Test Automation Project – Non-Functional – Natwest in partnership with Infosys
6. NTT DATA Graduate Tester of the Year – Eve Rogers, IBM
7. Testing Manager of the Year:
- Winner – Abdulla Mohammad, KPMG UK
- Highly Commended – Suman Bala, Sky
8. Wipro Testing Team of the Year:
- Winner – EPAM Systems
- Highly Commended – Refinitiv
9. Testing Management Team of the Year – Severn Trent Water
10. KPMG Best Agile Project – Social Security Scotland in partnership with Deloitte
11. Best Overall Testing Project – Retail – Wilko Retail
12. Best Overall Testing Project – Finance – Close Brothers Group Pic in partnership with Cognizant
13. Best Overall Testing Project – Communication:
- Winner – NTT Data
- Highly Commended – Vodafone in partnership with Accenture
14. Leading Vendor – Eggplant
15. Deloitte European Software Testing Award – Severn Trent Water
The sponsors of the event were Deloitte, KPMG, NTTDATA, Wipro, and Cognizant. The company extended a vote of thanks to all the sponsors. Further details of the event can be checked here.