Appian on 11th May 2021 revealed the new version of the Appian Low-code Automation Platform. The new release enhances the barriers of the low-code automation business with the introduction of low-code data, a new code-free approach to centralizing industry data. Enhanced AI-driven Intelligent Document Processing (IDP), new design guidance and developer collaboration features, and improved DevSecOps capabilities are all included in the latest version of Appian.
Appian Low-code Automation Platform
Appian provides full automation by orchestrating people, existing systems, data, bots, and artificial intelligence in a single workflow. Enterprise-wide workflows are fueled by complete automation, resulting in material business results. For over two decades, Appian has assisted companies in a variety of areas, including digital process automation (DPA), intelligent business process management systems (iBMS), and dynamic case management (DCM), and many more.
“This is the time for low-code automation platforms,” said Matt Calkins, Appian founder, and CEO. “We have just started a new decade, but low-code is how applications are built in the future. It’s inevitable,” he added.
The new features of Appian low-code automation platform are as follows:
- Low-code apps – Boosts developer productivity and lets organizations build and automate 10 times faster through visual development.
- Low-code RPA – To improve efficiency and scale, it manages and controls Appian bots, third-party bots, and end-to-end processes. The company can now automate activities much faster and access new libraries and updates from the Appian AppMarket thanks to the new low-code RPA.
- Low-code Data – It makes integrating data as simple as creating apps. A developer can use this to get data from anywhere without having to migrate it. Without database programming, the platform visually integrates and extends model relationships between various data sources and optimizes data sets for output.
- Low-code DevSecOps – With a one-click comparison function, it’s easier to switch software packages between development, test, and production workflows, ensuring a stable deployment.
- Intelligent document processing – Processes vast amounts of unstructured data with extreme performance. Furthermore, it now includes native optical character recognition (OCR) for securely extracting data from documents without the use of third-party applications or services. With the assistance of native and continual learning AI models, IDP can also curtail manual processing in the workflow.
Matt Richard, CIO at Laborers International Union of North America, said, “Appian low-code automation platform strips away the complexities of working with the most advanced automation technologies so we can focus on making our member experience the best it can be. We were able to build our first Appian RPA process in just four days, integrated with our people processes and Appian AI. Simplifying data design is going to have a huge impact for us so I am looking forward to the new release with low-code data.”
The new version of the Appian Low-code Automation Platform will be accessible from June 2021. For a trial of the new version, visit here.