The 12 days of Testmas is a program launched by the people in the Software Testing Community. The program was held from 25th December 2020 and went on till 5th January 2021. This program of 12 days consisted of a set of testing challenges, one allocated for each day.
The 12 Days of Testmas was created by Viv Richards (@11vlr) and contains contributions from; Alan Richardson (@EvilTester), Beth Marshall (@Beth_AskHer), Lena Wiberg (@LenaPejgan), Lisa Crispin (@lisacrispin), Bruce (@BruceOnlyBruce), James Lyndsay (@workroomprds), Gem Hill (@Gem_Hill), Tristan Lombard (@TristanLombard2) and Richard Bradshaw (@FriendlyTester).
The details of the program can be checked here – https://12daysoftestmas.netlify.app/
The challenges during the Testmas program were as follows:
1. Day 1: Test Automation Portfolio (25th December) – The first challenge was from Beth Marshall and the challenge was that if a very high-level test automation portfolio had to be created, what would be included in it?
2. Day 2: Challenge your truths (26th December) – This challenge was from Lena Wiberg and the challenge was to unlearn something that people thought was 100% true and after that sharing those learnings with others.
4. Day 4: Test Automation ROI (28th December) – This challenge was from Tristan Lombard and was to rethink your strategy of Test Automation ROI.
5. Day 5: Accessibility (29th December) – This challenge was from Viv Richards and the challenge was to find out issues on the checkout page of the Sweet Shop.
6. Day 6: Testing on the right-hand side of the DevOps loop (30th December) – This challenge was from Lisa Crispin and the challenge was to do a testing activity on the right-hand side of the below infinite ”DevOps” loop.
7. Day 7: Diff Tool (31st December) – This challenge was from James Lyndsay and the challenge was to Choose a diff tool, download the linked files and use them in a tool to find all the differences. The files for the challenge can be downloaded from here.
8. Day 8: Encouraging Yourself (1st January) – This challenge was from Gem Hill and the challenge was to make a note of things that you’ve done this year that you are proud of.
9. Day 9: Impossible Checkbox (2nd January) – This challenge was from Richard Bradshaw and the challenge was to use DevTools and hack this website and stop the bear on the website and keep the checkbox checked.
10. Day 10: Dungeons and Testing (3rd January) – This challenge was from Bruce the Legend and the challenge was to head over to this page, and save and fill out the new simplified tester character sheet to assess what kind of tester you are. It can be done individually or with the help of your friends.
11. Day 11: Personal Reputation Audit (4th January) – This challenge was from Beth Marshall and the challenge was to fill in this audit here and think about how you can improve your visibility as a tester.
12. Day 12: Helping Others (5th January) – This last challenge was from Viv Richards and the challenge was to reach out to someone in the testing community from this forum and help them.
This was a great initiative and a great start to the year, although the period is over interested people can still check out the challenges on the main page and try them.